Thursday, September 29, 2011

Joys

One of the best parts of teaching is literally the ability to pass your knowledge onto someone else. In this case my own children. To be able to teach them the basics, and then the fun stuff too! Like the soap and pepper experiment including the how and why of it. But I do tend to find excitement in just about everything. Haha! Yes I am THAT person...and I have my own happy dance! One of which my children always expect me to do when something good or great happens.
But I digress, one other of the best parts is when the child passes on the knowledge you have taught them to someone else! When in conversation about the topic that they learned about they can contribute. We had one of those moments in the store the other day. One of the boys was wearing a shirt with various dinosaurs on it. An older lady asked if he liked dinosaurs. Which my son replied, I like to learn about them and look at pictures, but you can't see them because they are extinct. That means they are all dead. They died a long time ago. My favorite is sharp tooth, his real name is TYRANNOSAURUS REX!(He said this in a loud and menacing voice too). He is a carnivore, that means he eats meat! He sometimes even ate brontosaurus, they are long necks and I learned about them this morning.  The lady was so happy with her little lesson!
LOL I literally laughed out loud told him great job, gave a high five, and a thumbs up push. I was so proud that he not only learned the information but that he was willing and able to pass his knowledge on. Because lets face it, what good is knowledge if you just leave it to sit in your head? We need to share what we know with the world. By sharing and conversing we can solve the most complex of problems and make the world a better place than what we found it.
That's my hope and wish for my children, that they will leave the the world a better place than what they found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment